The Guinea Heritage Association, Ltd. (GHA), established in 1995, celebrates the people and traditions of a unique area of Gloucester County, Virginia, renowned for men and women who work on the water. The GHA focuses on charitable and educational purposes including the preservation of the history and culture of the community of Guinea.
- Coming Soon – Flagpole at Buck’s!When C. B. “Buck” Rowe, Jr., served as the Bena, VA, Postmaster, a flag helped mark the spot. Thanks to the generosity of the Yorktown Watermen’s Museum and the perseverance … Read more
- Guinea Heritage Association Awards Three ScholarshipsThanks to a generous donation to the scholarship fund for 2020, the Guinea Heritage Association (GHA) was able to award three $500 scholarships to Gloucester High School seniors. The Guinea … Read more
- 2020 Spring Food CollectionThanks to all our community members who supported the food collection in May to support Gloucester Emergency Management. Neighbors helping Neighbors!
- The Flagpole is Up!Thanks to Hamilton Williams’ three-year dream, Buck’s Store Museum now has a flagpole! Special thanks to Steve Ormsby, the Yorktown Watermen’s Museum; James Thigpen of C.W. Wright Construction Company; Eric … Read more
- Three college interns work on projects for Buck’s Store MuseumThree students from the College of William and Mary, Emma Eubank, Grant Wong and Hannah Sanner, from top, are spending their summer working as interns on projects for the Guinea … Read more